How to make easy Oatmeal Cream Pies
Its Foodie Friday and I have a great find for you!
Ive had my eyes on this recipe for quite some time but Ive always felt like they would be hard to make-
Nope, theyre not! They are easy and delicious! Another Pinterest find and made by Kids in the Sink
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- 2 tsp very hot water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow cream
- ½ cup shortening
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter, sugars, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and stir to combine; mix in the oats.
- Drop tablespoon sized scoops onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until just starting to brown around the edges. Do not to over bake them; they will look moist.
- While the cookies are baking, in a small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix on high until fluffy.
- Add the salt water and mix well.
- Spread the filling onto the flat side of one cookie and top with another.