Foodie Friday: Overnight French Toast
This quickly became a family favorite after I made it a couple of years ago for a Christmas brunch.
Its very simple and easy to make. And not a lot of ingredients!
So lets get to it! (recipe and directions from Rachs Blog)
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf Texas toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter in microwave add brown sugar.mix together
- Pour butter/sugar mixture into bottom of 9 x 13 pan.spread around
- Beat eggs, milk, vanilla
- Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
- Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
- Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
- Spoon on remaining egg mixture
- Cover chill in fridge overnight
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar
- Serve with warm maple syrup
You will love this! Its such a delicious breakfast and I love that I can get it ready this night before and then just pop it in the over when I wake up! This breakfast is waaaay to sweet to add syrup. So I REALLY recommend that you try it without first! I couldnt imagine adding syrup!