Foodie Friday: Chicken Tortilla Soup
This recipe really couldnt get any easier. And I love an easy recipe! Especially on a cold day like weve had lately. Id rather have feet and feet of snow than bitter cold days in the single (and negative) digits!
- 3 raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can 99% fat-free chicken broth
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Mix ALL ingredients together in crock pot. (I used frozen chicken breast) Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred chicken after about 5 hours. (or whenever, really) I then topped mine with some shredded cheddar cheese and ate it with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
P.S. I didnt use bay leaf because I dont have any. I think it was delicious! Actually, everyone in the house ate it with no problem.